last week we tried making a heart-warming Asian inspired soup and guess what…it was DELICIOUS! Definitely worth a try 🙂
- 500 gr rice noodles
- 4 cups (32oz/1 litre) vegetable stock
- 5 cups coconut milk
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- soy sauce
- sesame paste or tahini
- 4 tbsp black vinegar (see notes)
- 2 tsp chilli bean sauce (or substitute with another chilli paste or sauce). Adjust to taste!
- 1½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 4 bok choy
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Combine stock ingredients in a large pot and bring to boil.
- When the stock comes to a boil, place rice stick noodles in the stock, then 1 minute later add the carrots, sweet potatoes and broccoli, remove from heat and add the bok choy stems
- Optional: finish with chilli oil and more chilli paste – if you can handle the heat!