This week I will indulge once again in my avocado obsession and give you a very easy and extremely delicious kale salad recipe with an exotic/Mediterranean twist. Oh fusion cuisine how much I love you!
- 2 cups kale, destemmed and finely chopped
- about 1 lemon or lime, juiced and strained (amount depends on size and juiciness)
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- nutritional yeast to taste (the more the better)
- 2 ripe avocados (plan it in advance or good luck)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or other nuts, toasted (optional)
- Chop the kale and place in a large bowl.
- Massage with olive oil (it gets rid of the fibrousness of the kale)
- Pour the lemon juice onto the kale
- Add the olive oil, sea salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, avocado, and pine nuts (or other nuts) to the bowl, reserving some toasted nuts for topping.
- Mush the avocados a as you mix it, still leaving them a bit chunky.
- Top with additional toasted pine nuts.
Extras: pomegranate can be a nice addition if you want to add some sweetness and you can find them 🙂