Have you ever had a craving for a deliciously moist orange cake but vegan? I have! That’s why last week at Mohubb’s, thanks to the great work of one of my most loyal volunteers, we made this amazing cake. A must for all citrus fruit lovers out there! you can even caramelize some orange peels and spread them on top to satisfy your needs of decadence 🙂
- All Purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Oranges – 2
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan.
- Blend orange in the blender until liquified; measure 1 cup orange juice.
- Whisk orange juice, flour, sugar, vegetable oil, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes.