Excuse my absence dear Mohubbies, but life has been very hectic and it’s been hard to keep up with everything. Last week’s meal was a total success thanks to my amazing team of volunteers!
Here’s a recipe we made, perfect of those of you who love pizza but can’t or don’t want to eat gluten.
Chickpea flour – 4 cups
lukewarm Water – 8 cups
Salt and pepper- as needed
Vegan Italian seasoning – 1/2 tsp
Vegan cheese – as needed (I prefer Gusta but it’s totally optional)
Tomatoes – 1 cup
Eggplant – chopped into 1/2″ piece – 1 cup
Pitted Black Olives – as needed- sliced thin (optional)
Baby Spinach – handful
Sun-dried tomatoes – 1 tbsp – drained – chopped
Onion – julienned – 1/4 cup or more
Rosemary – as needed
- Combine garbanzo flour and water in a bowl; whisk until batter is smooth. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a plate and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F
- Meanwhile chop the vegetables and prep the cheeses. Mix the pasta sauce with a pinch of salt, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes. When the oven is preheated, put a 9 x 9 inch square (or round) pan into the oven 10 minutes for preheating.
- Skim the froth on the flour mixture. Mix in salt and Italian seasoning, rosemary, pepper and 4 tbsp olive oil
- Pull the pan from the oven and spray some olive/canola oil. Pour the flour mixture and put the pan back in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes until the top of the base looks cooked and passes a fork test.
- When done, layer the vegetables all over the pizza and top with grated vegan ccheese. Put the pan back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve hot.