Hello dear blog followers,
last week my great collaborators and I experimented a bit with dessert and the result was this delicious cake, with a banana chocolate heart and a hint of coffee!
Special thanks to Tracey for helping out with the icing!
FOR THE CAKE
- 4ripe bananas
- 2⁄3cup brown sugar
- 4tablespoons water or any type of vegan milk
- 2cups flour (whatever type you prefer)
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- half a cup of coffee
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and water and mix well.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt together.
- Pour the flour mixture into the bananas. Mix well (if you want to add choco chips, walnuts, or carob chips, now is the time to do so).
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
FOR THE ICING
- 2½ cups icing sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder (not hot chocolate)
- ¼ cupvegan margarine
- 1/2 strong filtered coffee or espresso(regular or decaf)
- ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp soy, rice or other plant-based milk
- Electric mixer: place everything in the bowl and whip on high for several minutes until the lumps go and everything is creamy. Chill until needed.
- spread icing on the cake once the cake has completely cooled down.