Hello dearest friends,
last week’s Mohubb’s was a lot of fun. I really love all the help and support I’m getting these days to make this program happen, and I couldn’t be more grateful!
The highlight of the night were the two delicious cakes made by my loyal volunteer, Andrea ❤
Here’s the recipe to one of the cakes we made, it was so tasty, soft and moist… a must try!
- 1 cup (200 g) plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (115 g) vegan margarine
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose or plain flour (we mixed it with buckwheat flour for texture)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60 g) non-dairy yogurt or tofu dessert
- 8-10 small plums, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 F / 180 C / and lightly grease a baking pan.
- Cream the margarine and 1 cup of sugar together until combined and fluffy. Add the flour and baking powder and mix to combine.
- Add the tofu dessert, and mix all ingredients together, then spoon batter into the cake tin. Smooth the top down and add the pitted, halved plums, skin side up.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on the plums to make the surface wet so it will stick, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar and the cinnamon on top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (of batter, not plum juice).
- Cool on a rack.