Hello my dear blogees!
Last week’s Mohubb’s was a blast thanks to all the helping hands and loving hearts I was surrounded by! 🙂
Everything was healthy and delicious but I was very impressed with the dessert my dear helper Andrea made. It was obviously vegan but also gluten free. We decided to use organic blueberry jam on top rather than as the filling (as shown in the picture) for time constraints, both versions are equally delicious so it’s really a matter of taste! 🙂
- (2+1/2 cups) buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 2 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (vegan)
- organic blueberry jam (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, almond milk, brown sugar, agave syrup and vanilla extract. Dump the dry ingredients on top and whisk together.
- Fold in the vinegar.
- Flour the chocolate chips (so that they don’t all end up at the bottom) and pour them onto the batter
- Scoop the batter into the cake pans, spread out the surface and bake for ~34 minutes, or until the surface springs back when tapped.
- Let cool completely then either slice in the middle and spread the blueberry jam or simply spread it on top (or both for extra deliciousness).