Last week recipe was a classic de la cuisine québécoise that I reinterpreted in vegan key. The ingredients for about 4/6 people are the following:
- 6 cups vegetable broth (you can make your own)
- 2 cups dried green split peas, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onion (optional)
- Finely chop all the vegetables in small-sized cubes.
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients and add 2 cups of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until peas are tender, stirring occasionally. Add water if the soup looks pasty.
- Add salt and pepper; simmer 10 minutes longer
- . In small batches, puree soup in a blender; return to the pan.
- Heat for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
see ya tomorrow?