Here I am getting ready for the second Mohubb’s of the winter, and I can’t help thinking how good last week’s event was. Thanks to the help of some AMAZING volunteers we managed to make lots of delicious food and a variety of snacks!
One of the snacks was this colourful beet hummus. An absolute success!!! If you are looking for an alternative to the plain chickpea hummus, here’s an idea.
- 4 small peeled beets, roughly chopped
- 2 cans no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup tahini or sunflower butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- other spices to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until very smooth, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. If the consistency is too thick add water or oil. if too runny add more chickpeas or beets.