Hello lovely humans,
When the juiciness of the pear meets the texture of the pumpkin only good things can happen! This week’s recipe is somewhat unusual, but don’t let the unknown scare you. Be open to it, be curious and give it a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 can of pumpkin or 2 cups of fresh cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 cups pear (about 4 pears), cut into bite sized chunks
For the Crisp Topping:
- 1 cup flour regular or gluten free
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 370 degrees.
- Add coconut oil into a baking tray and melt.
- Add the pumpkin and toss with the coconut oil, cooking 5-7 minutes until slightly tender (skip this step if you’re using canned pumpkin).
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the top of the pumpkin and toss well. Add the pear, gently tossing the pear with the pumpkin and the cinnamon sugar. Let sit while you make the crisp topping.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and oats. Toss together until well combined.
- Add the coconut oil and mix it into the dry ingredients well. Add the oat topping to the top of the crisp.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake at 370 degree for 35-45 minutes. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
- you can serve with some delicious vegan ice cream or vegan whipping cream.
Thanks to the amazing volunteers who helped me during last week’s Mohubb’s. Without you Mohubb’s would not be the same! 🙂 x